HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barry

PostSubject: World Cup   Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Anyone been following the recent World Cup on TV? I'm a bit of an addict and I fill in my wallchart every time these tournaments come around. It was a pity England played so poorly especially after all the hype surrounding our team. My philosophy is that because we have an awesome club league we are therefore not able to concentrate on any international tournament such as the World Cup and Euro Cup in the way that other countries can. Things must change soon because if we are to host the 2018 World Cup tournament, it would be really embarrassing for England if we were not to reach the Final, or at least the semi-final, in our own country.

It was good to see the USA playing so well, and New Zealand, too. Well done Spain though for winning.

Anyone missing the vuvuzelas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
crashr

PostSubject: Re: World Cup   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 pm

This is the first year I've watched the World Cup. I didn't even know the USA had a team. I was impressed how well they did, even though one of the referees cost them a win with an obvious botched call. Grrr.

I don't like the fact that there is no overtime to determine a winner. Also they should allow instant replay so when an official makes a dumb call, it can be reversed. It works well in the NFL.

I'll probably be watching more of it now that I know the USA has a team.

Repeat after me... USA! USA! USA!.....
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: World Cup   Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:22 pm

I'd like to see the USA do well in football / soccer Very Happy I agree there should be the technology to analyse doubtful decisions especially in the goal area.
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: World Cup   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 am

Barry wrote:
I'd like to see the USA do well in football / soccer Very Happy I agree there should be the technology to analyse doubtful decisions especially in the goal area.

USA Will Neva Do Well Atm They Like England... They Need Better Players And Better Coach... Loolz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: World Cup   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I think the future looks good for them though, a rising star in the world of international football. I think they are better than England tbh, they played as a team more than we did. Our international side needs a complete overhaul, though we did well against Hungary in the recent friendly.

England concentrates too much on the League for us to be world champions, hope this will change soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup   

Back to top Go down

World Cup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1