HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Songwriting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
crashr

PostSubject: Songwriting   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 am

I noticed on Twitter the other day that SD was doing some more songwriting. That's great news because more songwriting means more songs which means possibly another album in the making. It also means that Sarah & Sean are not merely just pop singers but they are becoming true artists. It's amazing, and gratifying at the same time, to watch them grow and develop musically. Really mature beyond their years. I don't know if Sarah & Sean read their forum like they used to (because Twitter is a more instant response mechanism) but in case they do, way to go guys! The Rest Is History is a great album!
As true artists, I hope to see them take some chances musically. I know they can because they have proved to be very versatile. Their niche seems to be upbeat dance pop, which is great because that fits their personalities perfectly. However, when they switch gears and do ballads, they absolutely nail them perfectly with their awesome harmonies, sending chills up and down the spine. (For me anyway. lol.) Add to that the Glee mix and even some up-tempo blues (Shout) and you have a variety of "eargasmic" bliss.
What I would really like to see from them, is a song that emits anger, not in Guns-N-Roses fashion, but more like a Dixie Chicks "Not Ready To Make Nice". They've just about covered the gamut of emotions in their music: happy, sad, hopeful, silly, serious, etc., but lack that one of anger or attitude. I'd say the closest they've come with attitude is "Better Love Me" which is a great song.
Anyway, Sarah & Sean, if you're reading this, give it some consideration. You could really surprise a lot of people. I'm not saying to be pissed off at the world, but when you've got writer's block, (and it inevitably happens) it's an alternate route you could go to. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Songwriting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Same Difference Official Forums :: Same Difference :: Same Difference Chat-
Jump to: