HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barry

PostSubject: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 pm

As some members know, I've been unable to go to any of Same Difference gigs / shows as I've had an agoraphobia problem for a long time because of the bullying I received at school - thus the reason for my dance project. In other words, I can't travel without feeling panicky.

I thought I should post this as there must be those who wonder why I've never been to see SD even though I'm one of their greatest fans.

The good news is that I've been feeling much better recently when I go out nearer to home than I've done for a long time now and I hope to be able to go to at least one of their shows next year and to say 'Hi' to them personally.

Since my dad passed away in 2000 I've also been looking after mum as she heavily depends on me for emotional support, we have always been devoted to each other....and I am the 'only child'.

I certainly have a lot of catching up to do and can't wait to join in with those awesome SD vibes Very Happy

I'm also hoping to book a disco or 2 locally to help me start to join in with the summer fun before it ends. They say the weather will get better this week and next Very Happy and I'll certainly get Shine On Forever played as of course i love it...and it will be great for promotion Very Happy

I'll let you know what happens Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Barry wrote:
As some members know, I've been unable to go to any of Same Difference gigs / shows as I've had an agoraphobia problem for a long time because of the bullying I received at school - thus the reason for my dance project. In other words, I can't travel without feeling panicky.

I thought I should post this as there must be those who wonder why I've never been to see SD even though I'm one of their greatest fans.

The good news is that I've been feeling much better recently when I go out nearer to home than I've done for a long time now and I hope to be able to go to at least one of their shows next year and to say 'Hi' to them personally.

Since my dad passed away in 2000 I've also been looking after mum as she heavily depends on me for emotional support, we have always been devoted to each other....and I am the 'only child'.

I certainly have a lot of catching up to do and can't wait to join in with those awesome SD vibes Very Happy

I'm also hoping to book a disco or 2 locally to help me start to join in with the summer fun before it ends. They say the weather will get better this week and next Very Happy and I'll certainly get Shine On Forever played as of course i love it...and it will be great for promotion Very Happy

I'll let you know what happens Smile

Good luck with everything Barry & I'm an only child too lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Aww, and thanks Very Happy

I'd love to book SD for a private party someday ...and I will post details on here when I do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm an only child too! lol!
Plus my parents have always been quite overprotective, especially when I was being bullied! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwww.Bebo.com/Ciara.H417
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 am

Aww - I've always found it very lonely being an only child, I always wanted a brother or sister to play with.
My parents never knew I was being bullied, I didn't tell them cos of fear of reprisals from the bullies Sad - very big mistake on my part, things would have been so different otherwise.

Mum has always been overprotective with me, even as an adult. She still is, as she says that I am still her 'little boy'. It's true really I suppose, I will always be her little boy and that will be so throughout life. Dad was never protective at all, he was very easy-going with me and he knew I would be alright with things.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Same here! Maybe we should pretend that each other are brother & sister??? Lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 am

Awww. Now that's a great idea Very Happy Btw, a very Happy Birthday lil' sis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Barry wrote:
Awww. Now that's a great idea Very Happy Btw, a very Happy Birthday lil' sis Very Happy

Thank you Barry hehe! Am I 'lil sis' though??? I'm 27 today. Embarassed I'm feeling very old lol! Sad Oh well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:03 pm

That's no age Smile ....it's things like emotions, spirit and soul which count.

Age is just something that relates to the length of time a person has existed Smile
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 am

Barry wrote:

Age is just something that relates to the length of time a person has existed Smile

That is so true Barry! lol!

Happy birthday Haley, I hope you have had a great day so far and may it last!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwww.Bebo.com/Ciara.H417
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 am

Barry wrote:

Thank you Barry, that makes me feel better! Very Happy

Last edited by Hayley on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 am

alexxxh wrote:
Barry wrote:

That is so true Barry! lol!

Happy birthday Haley, I hope you have had a great day so far and may it last!! Razz Razz

Thank you Ciara! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:43 am

Hayley wrote:
Barry wrote:

No probs, I hope you had a great day yesterday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Barry wrote:
Hayley wrote:
Barry wrote:

No probs, I hope you had a great day yesterday Very Happy

Yeah I did thanx! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.   

Back to top Go down

Why I've not yet been able to see Same Difference live.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1