HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

X Factor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Just watched some more YouTube. Why were they giving Tom Richard such a hard time? Because of his song choices? I have to go with Louis on this one. The kid obviously has a great voice. Come on Simon, work on his relevancy at bootcamp. He is an amateur after all! Sheesh!

Bun 'nd Cheese were an obvious disaster. Did they even bother to rehearse before they went up there? I mean come on! It was like it was the first time they got together and were trying to decide who sings what part! I did get a laugh out of it though. I'm kinda mean that way. lol.

I agree with the judges about calling Nicolo Festa a "diva". He came off kind of arrogant to me. Sort of like, "I want it MY way." A diva! He's gonna have an image problem if they don't straighten him out pretty quick. (a la Danyl Johnson) Like him or not, the kid does have a good set of pipes.

And finally, my favorite so far, Paije Richardson. I read the summary on YouTube about his audition and Cheryl and Simon weren't convinced. It was Louis, of all people, who gave him a second chance. This guy has a great recording voice! He reminds me of Percy Sledge. An awesome soul or blues singer. This kid is gonna sell records.

I find myself really shocked agreeing with Louis on most of these auditions. I'm getting worried! lol. I can't believe the stupid decisions Simon has blown so far! It's like he and Louis have switched places! Oh well, I guess it all makes interesting television. Bring on some more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:24 pm

It was a great show, tom is such an awesome vocalist and has great potential. I don't know why Simon remarks about choice of songs being 'out-of-date'....it is due to great singers who can bring them back into fashion, and in any case, I believe that there is room for all types of songs together in the charts at any one time. Variety, they say, is the spice of life Smile
Bun 'nd Cheese, LoL...just so bad it was good....fascinatingly so. The producers do a great job in keeping us entertained Very Happy
I prefer Nicolo to Daniel from last year tbh, I think it needs personalities of all ilks to liven up a show and provide great entertainment. As mentioned, he would need to tone down his attitude a bit. Paije was great, must admit not my preferred style of music to listen to but I would have put him thru to Bootcamp on his first song, and I love his personality Very Happy

X Factor is on next Saturday and Sunday too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

I agree, I love the X Factor & Tom is good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Just watched some Boot Camp clips and, even though I'm sure I missed some of the contestants, the one that really stands out to me is Gamu Nhengu. She has such a smooth and soulful voice, I predict her to go far in the competition. Good luck Gamu! elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 am

crashr wrote:
Just watched some Boot Camp clips and, even though I'm sure I missed some of the contestants, the one that really stands out to me is Gamu Nhengu. She has such a smooth and soulful voice, I predict her to go far in the competition. Good luck Gamu! elephant

Agreed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 pm

I was really impressed with Gamu and as I mentioned in another thread it will be interesting to see how far Liam Payne gets now that he is part of a group. It would have been good if he went through as a soloist though.
Back to top Go down
mrs.sean.smith

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 pm

yeah I reckon the group will get quite far though and I think Cher will do really well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:53 pm

There were lots of surprises last night in the decisions made at the Judges Houses. Here are those who go through to the live shows the coming weekend.....and, according to reports, there will be 4 more acts chosen from those who didn't get through. Anyway the 12 so far are:

GIRLS - Cheryl:
Katie Waissel
Cher Lloyd
Rebecca Ferguson

BOYS - Dannii:
Matt Cardle
Aiden Grimshaw
Nicolo Festa

OVER-28s - Louis:
Mary Byrne
John Adeleye
Storm Lee

GROUPS - Simon:
F.Y.D.
Belle Amie
One Direction

Back to top Go down
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:53 pm

So much for my prediction about Gamu. Haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 pm

I think Gamu may appear as a "Wild card" - something new for this series when 4 extra contestants who were rejected at Judges Houses will be allowed to return.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 am

Barry wrote:
I think Gamu may appear as a "Wild card" - something new for this series when 4 extra contestants who were rejected at Judges Houses will be allowed to return.

I really hope so...I was gutted for her! Sad The only girl that I I didn't mind Cheryl putting through was Rebecca Ferguson, sorry but I am not a fan of the other two at all! They may grow on me though but I doubt it! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

According to reports in today's news Gamu may have to leave the UK due to circumstances surrounding her family's visa:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-x-factor-reject-must-leave-the-uk-6323e80.html

It's a great pity this would have to happen as Gamu is a really fine vocalist but if the situation is as it appears then it would be pointless for her to be included in the live shows since Simon would find it impossible to work with her from afar, assuming she gains a recording contract at the end of the series. I also feel sorry for the many thousands of Gamu fans who signed up to the Facebook page in support of Gamu, for their time and effort will appear to have been in vain. To my way of thinking I would advise her to apply for a visa in her own name and audition for next year's series as I'm sure she would be really successful next time.

Katie and Cher....not my cup of tea tbh but they, especially Katie, do have a lot of personality and Katie reminds me of Diana Vickers in the "Marmite 'love it or hate it'" category. I ended up liking Diana Vickers and bought her first single. With Katie I think the same will happen but I am already intrigued by Katie's strong personality....people of influence will snap her up for promotions, appearances, etc. Katie also somehow reminds me of Madonna, and the late Princess Diana, in appearance.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Barry wrote:
According to reports in today's news Gamu may have to leave the UK due to circumstances surrounding her family's visa:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-x-factor-reject-must-leave-the-uk-6323e80.html

It's a great pity this would have to happen as Gamu is a really fine vocalist but if the situation is as it appears then it would be pointless for her to be included in the live shows since Simon would find it impossible to work with her from afar, assuming she gains a recording contract at the end of the series. I also feel sorry for the many thousands of Gamu fans who signed up to the Facebook page in support of Gamu, for their time and effort will appear to have been in vain. To my way of thinking I would advise her to apply for a visa in her own name and audition for next year's series as I'm sure she would be really successful next time.

Katie and Cher....not my cup of tea tbh but they, especially Katie, do have a lot of personality and Katie reminds me of Diana Vickers in the "Marmite 'love it or hate it'" category. I ended up liking Diana Vickers and bought her first single. With Katie I think the same will happen but I am already intrigued by Katie's strong personality....people of influence will snap her up for promotions, appearances, etc. Katie also somehow reminds me of Madonna, and the late Princess Diana, in appearance.

I know I have heard that too & hope that it's not true! I just think that Katie is unprofessional when she messes the song up all the time when other girls sang songs in full she didn't & it's the same with Cher at Judge's Houses! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Re Katie and Cher, I think that a lot of decisions made on the show are for 'entertainment', I should imagine that the show's producers somehow 'pull strings' in order to package the shows to create maximum entertainment and controversy and I would think that if it were up to Cheryl, Dannii, etc, to put through who they really believe have the best talents, the series may well end up losing some of its sparkle.
Also I've spoken to a few people who are in the entertainment business and they say that these reality shows are unfair to those with true talent as the real emphasis is on producing 'entertaining television' which of course it succeeds in doing really well.

People who apply to appear on X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and the like should take it all with a pinch of salt and enter for the fun and experience of competing and for the publicity they gain from exposure. In showbusiness, publicity is everything and to my mind Gamu has had / is having loads of publicity and massive support and quite rightly so, probably far more than some finalists have had in past series.
Acts who failed to make it past Bootcamp, and those who made the live shows in the past but faded into obscurity, would love to be in Gamu's shoes right now.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:45 pm

Barry wrote:
Re Katie and Cher, I think that a lot of decisions made on the show are for 'entertainment', I should imagine that the show's producers somehow 'pull strings' in order to package the shows to create maximum entertainment and controversy and I would think that if it were up to Cheryl, Dannii, etc, to put through who they really believe have the best talents, the series may well end up losing some of its sparkle.
Also I've spoken to a few people who are in the entertainment business and they say that these reality shows are unfair to those with true talent as the real emphasis is on producing 'entertaining television' which of course it succeeds in doing really well.

People who apply to appear on X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and the like should take it all with a pinch of salt and enter for the fun and experience of competing and for the publicity they gain from exposure. In showbusiness, publicity is everything and to my mind Gamu has had / is having loads of publicity and massive support and quite rightly so, probably far more than some finalists have had in past series.
Acts who failed to make it past Bootcamp, and those who made the live shows in the past but faded into obscurity, would love to be in Gamu's shoes right now.

I agree & I also I heard a rumour yesterday that none of the judges apart from Simon actually make a final decision at Judge's Houses & that it's all down to Simon's final decision who is put through! How true that is though I don't know??? Question confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm

This is the latest news re Gamu, with members of Parliament commenting on the situation:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-appeal-over-x-factor-reject-removal-6323e80.html

Re Simon, I wouldn't be surprised (see above post), I've always seen him to be more than just a judge, he is one of the top people involved in the whole process of the X Factor concept and I would think he has a major influence over most aspects.

Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Barry wrote:
This is the latest news re Gamu, with members of Parliament commenting on the situation:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-appeal-over-x-factor-reject-removal-6323e80.html

Re Simon, I wouldn't be surprised (see above post), I've always seen him to be more than just a judge, he is one of the top people involved in the whole process of the X Factor concept and I would think he has a major influence over most aspects.

Yes I agree! We shall just have to see what happens now...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   

Back to top Go down

X Factor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2