HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

X Factor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Barry

PostSubject: X Factor   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Here's a topic to chat about your favourite X Factor contestants of previous series.

Obviously the favourite is the totally amazingly awesome sunny Same Difference sunny whose music and personalities are just so uplifting and joyful Very Happy

Other of my favourite acts who made the final 12 include Leona Lewis, Joe McElderry, Shayne Ward, Journey South, G4, Rhydian Roberts, and Leon Jackson.

Best Final ever was in 2007 with Same Difference, Rhydian and Leon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
mrs.sean.smith

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:39 pm

SD best people form xfactor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:26 pm

mrs.sean.smith wrote:
SD best people form xfactor!

Couldn't agree more! They are my favourites out of all reality show acts from the past 10 years or so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Same Difference is obviously the best ever on X Factor, but aside from them, I thought Stacey Solomon had one of the best singing voices ever on X Factor. In fact, I think she should have won it. (No disrespect to Joe McElderry). Here is my biggest complaint about X Factor (and American Idol too): I believe that most of the female contestants are at a disadvantage from the start because the biggest voting block comes from teenage girls. These girls majorly vote for the "cute" guy, and talent takes a back seat to cuteness. Lloyd Daniels and Jedward are prime examples. You'll never convince me that Lloyd had better vocals than Rachel Adedeji, Lucie Jones, or Jamie Afro Archer, yet he outlasted all of them because he was CUTE! And don't even get me started on Jedward! Talk about a train wreck! Just let me say that RAP IS NOT SINGING!!! I will show respect to Joe McElderry because his vocals were awesome, but I still think Stacey was the true winner. Just my opinion. Thanks for letting me vent. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Great post there Jimmy Very Happy I agree that it's not always about the best vocals, unfortunately, and some of the better vocalists do not stand a chance.
All things considered I suppose all works out in the long run as many people buy recordings of their favourite artist no matter how good or bad the standard of vocals, just because they like the cuteness of the artist, or they live in their neighbourhood.

I admit I've done the same, as a record-buyer, and not having bought an item purely for the vocals.

Re Jedward, I felt that their rise to fame was greatly brought about by the so-called 'haters' of John & Edward...if it wasn't for them and Simon's adverse comments about them then I feel that Jedward would have remained in obscurity...or at least not have gone so far as they did. They say bad publicity is better than no publicity and Jedward had their fair share. On a positive note for the twins, they have lots of personality and all credit to them for triumphing against the bad vibes. But, yes, it prevents a more talented act from progressing further. Still, the public gets what the public wants in the end......

Stacey Solomon, she was awesome....and she lives only 4 miles away from me and I've been in touch with her brother via email Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Popcorn_Nut

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:09 pm

crashr wrote:
Same Difference is obviously the best ever on X Factor, but aside from them, I thought Stacey Solomon had one of the best singing voices ever on X Factor. In fact, I think she should have won it. (No disrespect to Joe McElderry). Here is my biggest complaint about X Factor (and American Idol too): I believe that most of the female contestants are at a disadvantage from the start because the biggest voting block comes from teenage girls. These girls majorly vote for the "cute" guy, and talent takes a back seat to cuteness. Lloyd Daniels and Jedward are prime examples. You'll never convince me that Lloyd had better vocals than Rachel Adedeji, Lucie Jones, or Jamie Afro Archer, yet he outlasted all of them because he was CUTE! And don't even get me started on Jedward! Talk about a train wreck! Just let me say that RAP IS NOT SINGING!!! I will show respect to Joe McElderry because his vocals were awesome, but I still think Stacey was the true winner. Just my opinion. Thanks for letting me vent. Evil or Very Mad

I agree with this 100%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Added to the above, there seems to be a controversial act each year in the live finals seemingly put there to act as a talking-point to pull in the viewers. Before Jedward it seemed (to me) to be Daniel Evans and in the previous year it was Hope. They all get eliminated around the fifth placing just before semi finals week.

I thought Daniel Evans was good and Hope were ok, too. Jedward caused the most stir, it will be interesting to see who will be that act in this new series coming up.

Back to top Go down
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:40 pm

I've heard that X Factor is coming to America and that really has me stoked! I think X Factor is so much better formatted than American Idol. On Idol, you have to be between 16 - 26 to be eligible. Talk about age discrimination! Also there are no groups on Idol. Same Difference would have never got a shot. By far, X Factor has a much better set-up. Bring it on baby! cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm sure X Factor will be warmly received in the US. It will be interesting to know if it becomes even more popular than American Idol due to the extra opportunities it offers budding artists.
Back to top Go down
mrs.sean.smith

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm

I love Stacey Solomon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:40 pm

I hope Stacey gets to record something soon, I haven't heard anything from her yet....maybe her record company is waiting for the autumn then they can promote her on the new X Factor series Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlixLovesSD

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:29 am

SD are obviously my favourite Very Happy
my other favourites which have made the final are Ray Quinn, Olly Murs, Shayne Ward, JLS, Alexandra Burke Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Kimberly Southwick was my favourite in 2007 and I liked SD too
but I didn't become a fan until I saw them in Butlins in March 2008. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwww.Bebo.com/Ciara.H417
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:58 pm

I remember Kimberley from the series in 2007. I thought she had the same 'fun-factor' as SD then, and was surprised that she was eliminated so early in the Finals. I hope she is continuing with her act, she was good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrs.sean.smith

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 am

im going to see Stacey soon cannot wait!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissAmerica

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 am

I can't wait for XFactor to start here in the States. Very Happy

Obviously I really really love Same Difference. I also love Shayne Ward. Other than those two, I like JLS, Fallen Angelz, Tabby Callaghan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 pm

According to Wapedia the new series of X Factor will consist of changes to the age-groupings. These are the categories:

Boys 16 - 27
Girls 16 - 27
Over-28s
Groups

The article also states Guest Judges will be Geri Halliwell, Natalie Imbruglia, Katy Perry, Pixie Lott and Nicole Scherzinger.

In the Judges' Houses section each judge will mentor 8 acts instead of 6.
Back to top Go down
ashleasmith LOVES Sean<3

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:39 pm

AlixLovesSD wrote:
SD are obviously my favourite Very Happy
my other favourites which have made the final are Ray Quinn, Olly Murs, Shayne Ward, JLS, Alexandra Burke Very Happy

Woo i loved all of thesee:)!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ashleighsmith
crashr

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 pm

I can only see the X Factor from what they put on YouTube. From what I've seen so far, Gamu Nhengu is the best candidate with her rendition of Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves. Even though I don't really care for that song, her version to me sounded better than the original. Great vocals!

I was shocked when, of all people, Simon passed Shirley Johnson through. (I think Simon is turning into a softie. lol.) Her vocals to me were the equivalent of scratching your fingernails across a chalkboard. Also I think (and this happens every year) she was too quick to garner the "sympathy" vote: "I'm a single parent and trying to make a better life for blah... blah... blah!" We ALL have difficulties in our lives. Get through on your own merits! Sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but I'm not going to buy your music because you're a single parent, have cancer, mother passed away, etc. The music has to be worth listening to. Just a harsh reality.

And thanks to the group Jahm for butchering Lady GaGa's song Bad Romance. OMG! They brought "bad" to a new level! I can't say that I can sing much better than them, but then again, you'll never see me auditioning for X Factor or American Idol. Don't these people ever listen to themselves before going on national TV? I gotta admit though, I sometimes enjoy watching the really bad ones as much as the good ones just to watch the judges' reactions.

Oughta be an interesting season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I agree, Gamu was one of the best, and like yourself Jimmy, it's not one of my favourite songs. The last act was certainly different and I, too, was surprised that she was put through to Bootcamp Shocked - it will be interesting to see what her next offering will be. Jahm, they were awful, fascinatingly so.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Agreed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 pm

I thought Geri Halliwell made a good judge Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Barry wrote:
I thought Geri Halliwell made a good judge Smile

Me too, I felt sorry for her when the audience kept booing her though...she didn't deserve that! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:45 pm

I agree. I don't know why they booed her.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Barry wrote:
I agree. I don't know why they booed her.

The meanies grrr lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Factor   

Back to top Go down

X Factor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next